Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Down to the subfloor...

Well, the last two days have been grueling work, but we've accomplished everything we wanted to. Removing the vanities proved more difficult than expected.
I removed the shut-off valves and cut the drain pipe. But, on the left vanity cabinet, they have the water coming in through the floor and the drain pipe out the back. I didn't want to cut either one of them too short and cause a problem for the plumber. But, I did need to pick one to cut (or cut the cabinet) or that cabinet was not coming out. I cut the drain pipe and hopefully, it will not be problem for the plumber.

Rachel and I installed new shut-off valves for each of the sinks. She enjoyed being able to do that. And, at the end of yesterday, everything was off the floor. It's a nice feeling.









Today started with a tougher task - removing the linoleum. That is always a pain, and today was no different. It was back straining work for me to pull up those sheets of wood with linoleum on them. But, after a couple hours, I had it all up. Luckily, I convinced Rachel that pulling up all the staples, like hundreds of them, would be fun. She was enjoying that long after her bedtime. I was reluctant to make her quit. Fewer for me in the morning sounds wonderful!

But, as you can see the bathroom is quite empty. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for our bedroom! (Note: the vanity cabinets have now been moved to the front porch for pickup, but still....)


2 comments:

Alice said...

Amazing. Awe inspiring. But I could see and appreciate it even more if you would update your blogger stuff and make your photos bigger. You can DO it!

Chris said...

Good to see the safety glasses and know that your focus on HSSE comes first.