Saturday, January 22, 2011

And, so it begins....

Renovation of our master bath has truly begun! We've had a lot of setbacks already. Contractors don't come as scheduled or never send us a bid. We've struggled to pick out all the pieces we need to complete the bathroom. But, eventually, I decided to be my own general contractor, but we're hiring out plumbing, electrical and tiling.

So, step one is to demo the whole bath. As we have already received our vanity (and it's crowding our bedroom) and the bathtub should be here shortly, I figured it was time to go.

The Before:


Rachel and Alex were excited to help me. We took off the shower head and shower doors. Then, the fun began - smashing the tiles!



But, that wore off quick. This is where they left me for the day. They were tired and their arms were sore. Wimps!


Dave was at work, so I was on my own. But, I managed to clear all the tiles from the shower area and get up the shower pan. Unfortunately, we found a wonderful nest of ants behind the shower. After grossing out Rachel with them and them sucking them up with the ShopVac, I finished with only minor issues. Overall a successful day!

The end of day 1!


1 comment:

Martina said...

JELUS! lol, i wish we would do that with our bathroom too. we're actually talking about adding on to the back of the house, though. who knows if that idea will ever materialize! can't wait to see the finished project! :)