Wednesday, June 17, 2009

From one sport to another

We had two very crazy Saturdays full of tapping our feet waiting for the kids to finish swimming at least freestyle and backstroke before rushing to soccer and softball games. Whew! Glad that's over, but we get no break. Now, we are full into swimming - practice 5 days a week (7:30 AM, 9:00 AM, 9:45 and 10:15) followed by a 7:00 AM start on Saturdays. Part of me is wondering what in the heck I was thinking and Dave's really wondering why he let me do this...but, I have to say that I'm kind of getting the bug.

Both kids are on the young side of their age group, but they're doing great. Rachel has a great backstroke. She just needs to figure out how to go straight. It's fun to watch because we have no idea what her time will be because it depends so much on how straight she can stay. We're working on this, but it makes it exciting.


Alex surprised us all this weekend. He had double digit improvements in both strokes. He won both heats, and he was super excited about that. My kids only want those heat ribbons. They don't understand the actual way that swimming works, so I was glad that he got his heat ribbon. Hopefully he will be able to keep up his times or he'll never win another one.


Look at that great smile.


It's going to be a fun and busy summer for all of us!

No comments: