Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wahoowa???

We went to the first UVA football game of the season this weekend. It was so exciting to go into the stadium with all the fans in orange. I was wishing that we could get season tickets and keep the kids coming to games year after year. Then, the hot sun began beating down on us causing Dave and I to drip with sweat while each holding one of the boys, the boys got hot and VERY cranky, and UVA just stunk up the field. By the end of the first half, I began to wonder what I ever liked about doing this.

The kids turned around as the temperature cooled a little, and we fed them with ice cream. Unfortunately, it didn't help the football team any. But, by the end of the game, I was actually wishing I got to go the game next week. Go Hoos!

2 comments:

Martina said...

welcome to the world of 'bloggin'!!

i'm sure the kids will enjoy seeing cousin updates. you'll really enjoy it once you get into the groove.

:)

Grammy said...

What a nice birthday present! Despite the heat and lousy game, I would have loved being there. Thanks for sharing. Did Zachary get glasses?