Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My musical child... can't believe he's mine



I've got to brag on my kid - Zack has shown a few signs of having musical talent...
  • He played the first few notes of Jingle Bells on the piano without any coaching. Although this is not really difficult, he did this when he was just barely 3. I thought someone had shown him, but I guess not.
  • He wins often at the "Name this Tune" game that we play in the car with Dave's iPod. He can name songs in the first few notes, always beating me and often beating Rachel and Alex.
Well, at the game, he impressed me again. The band was playing, and he asked me "Why are the trumpets playing so loudly?" Sure enough, that was the trumpets. (Honestly, though, I almost had to ask Dave if that was actually the trumpets) Later, the tubas were doing a solo. I, really as a joke, asked Zack what instrument that was. He listened and said, "tuba!" I was floored. Now, I think he got exposure to this from Little Einsteins, but to pick out the sound and identify it at 4 seems amazing to me. Music lessons are definitely in his future.

2 comments:

Martina said...

aww, his god daddy would be sooo proud! :)

Alice said...

Zack's got it all- sports smarts, musical talent, intelligence and good looks. We have an opening in our family just in case! Love, A