Saturday, February 19, 2011

A model is born

I had promised Rachel that I would take her to get her portraits done. But, since I got my new camera for Christmas and I saw Alice and Madeleine's photo shoot, I decided to try one ourselves.  It was an absolutely beautiful day, so we took full advantage.  We had a good time.  I think Rachel really enjoyed it.  She wore a skirt with her first outfit, so she was limited in the posing.  I really preferred that shirt, but, unfortunately, the shoot went better with the second outfit - partly because she got more comfortable and partly because the light was better.  

Our neighbors have a beautiful birch tree that we used.  I really liked it as a backdrop.  This was my favorite headshot picture of the bunch, but I really liked some of the kookier poses that we were trying.  








At the end, I had her just model a little.  I told her to express different emotions and then to just have fun with it.  I loved both of the these pictures because she was pursing her lips (which I wish weren't so chapped) and looking off to the side.  I hope I haven't created a monster!



Stay posted:  new style coming tomorrow!

1 comment:

Alice said...

I like the jumping one and the last one. Rachel is one very pretty girl. Does David still have that shotgun of our grandpa's?