Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Matthew turns 5!

Last year, we celebrated Matthew's 4th birthday with just us at home.  Then, we went to McDonald's a couple days later with his friends where we had a cake and opened a couple presents.  Well, he was convinced that he turned 5 at this second party.  No matter how I explained it to him, he believed that he was 5 and was devastated when I kept telling him that he was still only 4.  This year, we celebrated his birthday with his friends 2 days before his birthday.  I knew this would probably cause all kinds of confusion.  We had an extended conversation about it, and I thought he understood.

With his friends - J.J., Cody, Christopher, Cam and Liz


On his actual birthday, Rachel had a basketball game in the afternoon.  We met the Lauderdales on the way home at Red Robin for his birthday dinner.  He wanted to go somewhere to where he could get ice cream and they would sing to him.  When the time came, though, he was kind of embarrassed.   But, he sure liked the ice cream.  



He had not finished his ice cream and I was going to take a bite.  But, Dave said that I couldn't or I would then be 37.  Matthew, even though I thought he understood the whole birthday thing, bought it completely.  He didn't let me have any and a couple days later said something about me still being 36 because, "remember, you didn't eat any of my ice cream."  He's so funny!

Miss Lauren with the birthday boy

Love this picture of Sean.  His hair is so long that he can't see unless he tilts his head backwards.  In Tara's defense, they've been sick over a month now with many different ailments.
Mr. B and Rachel hamming it up for the camera


No comments: