Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ten??? Really?



I cannot believe that I have been a parent for 10 years. I still get flashes of disbelief that I am mature enough to be responsible for these children. It's been such an unbelievable ride, and it's probably going to get bumpier with a "tween" as she so often likes to remind me that she has become at 10.


Having the 3 boys, I'm so thankful to have a daughter. She is such a strong and confident person. She is so talented in ways that are so different from her brothers, and she's just happy with the person that she is. I love it! She sang a solo at church for Easter. I was so impressed and proud of her for being able to sing strong and confidently with 1500 people there. I was nervous, but she did great!

I had decided years ago when Rachel wanted her ears pierced that she could get it done for her 10th birthday. That way she would be old enough to decide for herself and do all the work to keep them clean. She has been counting down the days until her 10th birthday for a couple years now, so she was super excited. It was fun to have her Aunt Alice and cousins here to go with her.

Looking very nervous

Ouch!
Pretty blue flowers

One example of Rachel's great heart is this sweet letter I found just written on the board waiting for Zack to find. Makes a mom proud!


No comments: