Thursday, February 12, 2009

WAHOOWA!!

We took the kids to another UVA women's basketball team this weekend, and this time I remembered my camera. Matthew being very silly

We really love sporting events. My kids like to fight and wrestle all the time. They've even gotten Rachel involved. Inevitably, though, this ends in at least one kid crying. It's beginning to get really old, so I've contemplated eliminating that kind of play. Problem is...all they like to do right now is play on the computer or wii, play football outside (which often results in crying as well) and wrestle. And, they will all go upstairs in the boys room and play together - until someone gets hurt. But, those precious moments could be just what I need to get dinner done or finish our workout.

So, where I was going was this - sports is a good activity that interests everyone (even Rachel, although to a much lesser degree) and results in fewer injuries. It was an absolutely wonderful and peaceful 2 hours where we were all happy and just enjoying being together. I wish we could go everyday.


2 comments:

Alice said...

Tell Rachel her hair is really cute. I can totally relate to the desire for peaceful activities. I don't like plopping the kids in front of a movie during the week but I sometimes do it anyway to save my sanity! Glad you guys had fun.

Mary Ann Kreitzer said...

Send them outside to run the perimeter of the fence five times. Great exercise and five minutes of peace. I used to send the kids to run around the house, but your fence would make that hard. Then there's always weeding the garden...but you have to plant one first.