Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mr. Matthew!

Little Matthew turned 3 on Friday. I just can't believe my baby is 3. I've never had a 3 year old without another baby as well, so he is pretty lucky to have a little more of my attention at this age.

I made Matthew's flag for his birthday. Matthew means "gift from God." I wasn't sure how to make that into a flag, so I had to get creative. The apostle Matthew has an angel as one of his symbols, and Paul (his middle name) has a sword as a symbol because he was beheaded. So, the flag has a sword with angel wings. I wasn't sure about this combination, but Dave commented that it was perfect for Matthew because he does have his sweet, wonderful side and then his little devil side.

Matthew has been a wonderful addition to our family. He fits in perfectly. He loves sports and may one day show up his brothers on the soccer field. He's never seen himself as the baby. He thinks that he should be able to do everything that his brothers and sister do - play board games, do puzzles, play football outside or play video games.

We love you, sweet Matthew!

3 comments:

Martina said...

I guess I haven't refreshed your page in a while! I can't believe he's three either! Where does the time go?? Give him a squeeze from all of us and especially from Paige. She has a special place for that little man. :)

Jamie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Matthew!!! I just wanted to let you know that I didn't totally forget it (I did forget to send out cards this year *sigh*...can I get a free pass because I had a relatively "new"born??? =), I'll give him his present next time I see you all! It looks like he had a lot of fun stuff and I can't believe he ever looked that little and quiet- what a cutie!

Martina said...

Tell him I said Happy Birthday and thats really cool that Jonathan and Matthew have the same name meanings-Ashley K