Monday, January 5, 2009

My little girl or is it wild child?

People always comment to me about my family. They assume that Rachel must be a big help with the little boys (she's not as much as you would expect) and they comment on how crazy boys are and how hard it would be with 3 of them that close together. Most say that, "At least you got your little girl."

Now, Rachel has many of the wonderful traits of a girl. She loves to shop, wear pink frilly clothes, sit quietly and draw for hours, but she if by far the most daring and full of hare-brained ideas child that I have. She, not the boys, was my wildest toddler and still today remains the one that is most likely to break her bones pushing the limits.

Here she climbed up Grandma and Paka's tree until Paka noticed her and told her she was getting up too high. She did something that she rarely does - she got scared. Of course, Dave and I are totally immune to her antics. Dave sent Paka in to get me to take pictures, and I debated turning on the video feature to capture her falling if it happened.

With Dave's help, she was able to make it safely down. But, no surprise, the next day she was right back up in the tree trying again. She really never learns! Oh well. Hopefully, one day that determination will serve her well in her life. I can keep hoping.

2 comments:

Martina said...

lol, she reminds me of that kitty that never really learns either...gettin' all stuck and whatnot. love the pics, but i love the part about you debating filming her if she fell, lol. ahhh, i might have done the same thing. ;)

Alice said...

That's my god-daughter. I do feel a certain kinship to Rachel having basically grown up with boys and always coming up with adventures or other schemes that often got me in trouble. I have no doubt that God has big plans for her!