Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kreitzer Boot Camp

Dave and I are doing an intense workout series (P90X) that involves a lot of push-ups. Last night at dinner, Alex proposed that if he could do 100 push-ups, then he could have dessert. Dave said, "Sure. You can have dessert if you can do 100 push-ups, but I'm going to have to watch and count." Well, after dinner, he set out to do those push-ups. Dave and I were doubtful he would make it too far. Heck, I can't do very many myself. Well, Dave still didn't cut him very much slack, but Alex kept going. He was working so hard, but he made it! I couldn't believe it. He was just so determined. He was so cute because at 89, he fell to the ground, but he got right back up giving himself a little pep talk, "I'm almost there. I'm almost there." I was so proud of my little man. I gave him his choice for dessert, and I even made him an ice cream mixture a la Cold Stone. Of course, Rachel got dessert, too, because she had eaten her dinner!

3 comments:

Alice said...

Tell Raz that his Uncle Chris has started his countdown. 16 years till TBS (The Basic School)! Hoo Ra!

Max and Karla said...

That's my boy! Reminds me of myself at that age ;)

Gargamella Creations said...

I'm inspired! I will try to do 100 push ups. I let you know when I make 100...then I'll go to Cold Stone!