Monday, January 12, 2009

Bleeding orange and blue

Yesterday, our family went to the UVA vs. Wake Forest women's basketball game. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. We are definitely raising some big UVA fans. We've been to many football games, but this was the kids' first basketball game. It was a super exciting game that really got the kids into it. We got to sit down low and really experience the game.

Matthew was obsessed with CavMan (the mascot). He watched him move around the arena constantly pointing him out and waving to him. Whenever the band would play, he would shout (and I mean shout), "Go Hoos Go". It was so cute. I wish I had had my video camera.

Rachel was even into the game. She thoroughly enjoyed herself.

Alex couldn't take his eyes off the game. He was completely mesmerized. Every time the whistle blew, he would have to figure out what happen. When UVA was coming back in the 2nd half, he was cheering. He even kept cheering in the last minute of the game when UVA was up by 15 and Wake had no chance left. He just loved it.

Zack was fascinated as well. He sat at the other end of the row from me, so I didn't talk to him much during the game. But, one time I turned toward him and he was super excited. He was saying, "2 more points to free chicken". If UVA scored 70 points, we got a buy one, get one free chicken at a local chicken place. Apparently, he had been focused on this during the game and was so excited about it. Given that all his food is free, I found this very funny! But, this is definitely in keeping with his personality as you'll see in the Christmas DVD (arriving soon!).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Raisin' Canes! Good stuff.

Alice said...

Wahoowa- go hoos go! Good for you raising some loyal cavaliers! I'll never forget "that's a UVA...first down!"

Max and Karla said...

I'm glad it wasn't tomorrow night's game against UNC. We may have some interesting battles down the road since we are raising 3 Tarheel fans :)