Friday, May 27, 2011

Reptile Gardens


Rapid City, South Dakota, is definitely a tourist trap of a town.  It was full of all kinds of touristy stuff. One of these was the Reptile Gardens.  We had watched a show on Animal Planet one night about a man that was killed by a crocodile (didn't see that one coming until it happened or we might not have watched it), and so my kids, of course, were all interested in crocodiles.  So, we thought they would enjoy this place.  It had a lot of crocs and snakes - not my favorite things in the world.  But, luckily, I did not have any nightmares.  I've had a few snake ones in my life.

Petting the python -- only Alex and Zack would do this.


The prarie dogs - we saw some in the wild later in the Badlands, but seeing them up close like this is the best view.  They are very cute little animals.


This is my kids acting like they are being squeezed by a snake.  Alex is smiling and Matthew is trying to bring the snake down.  Very Matthew like, I guess.


Oh no, Flat Zack is going to be eaten by this reticulated python!


One of the best exhibits in the whole place - old mirrors from some really old World Fair.  The kids had a blast with these.







2 comments:

Mary Ann Kreitzer said...

Zack is the sourest of the sourpusses!

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I discovered your web site by means
of Google while searching for a similar subject, your web site
came up, it appears to be like great. I have bookmarked it in my
google bookmarks.
Hi there, just changed into alert to your blog via Google, and found that
it's truly informative. I am gonna be careful for brussels.
I'll appreciate in case you continue this in future.
Numerous other folks will probably be benefited out of your writing.
Cheers!

Also visit my web page criminal defense attorney jobs