Friday, October 30, 2009

From the mouth of babes

I have to say that absolutely adore my Zack. He has such a sweet little heart. He is so sensitive and gets so worried about being away from me. He asked me tonight if he was going to be living in a different house when he was 21. I said "yes" (here's hoping, right?). He asked me (with the saddest expression on his face) if I was going to get rid of my kids now and get new kids. Of course, I explained that I wasn't going to and that he would always be my son. I reminded him that I still talk to and see Grammy even though we don't live together. He told me that I can't ever change my phone number because then he might not remember it. It's just one of those times that you want to hug them stronger and more deeply than possible. If you have kids, you understand that feeling.

Zack just has a wonderful soul. I love him dearly. In talking about death (which really comes up an unnatural amount in my family), Zack has proclaimed that he wants to die with me because he doesn't ever want to be without me. I think this was actually expressed that he wants me to die with him because even in heaven, he would be too sad without me. How can you not love that?

2 comments:

Alice said...

If it's true that you can tell how guys will treat their wives by the way they treat their mamas, Zack will be one sweet, very attached hubby!
What a sweetie. Give them all hugs from me, especially "Flat" Alex.

Mary Ann Kreitzer said...

He has a tender heart. Neil was like that as a little kid. He was always the first one to comfort a kid littler than he was.

They are all so special and unique, but I did get an extra kick out of Zack saying the best part of our anniversary was taking the flowers up because the girls looked so beautiful.