Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Alex - a couple weeks late!

Alex turned 7 on the 7th of May. Seven!!! I just can't believe it. The time goes by so fast. He was my most difficult labor (and not just because I didn't have the epidural with him), but I've always said that it was because he is such a Mama's Boy that he didn't want to come out. He's kind of growing out of that a little bit, thankfully just a little, but he is such a mini-Dave that he can't help but gravitate toward him a little more as he gets older. I'm OK with it because I've got Zack, who still loves his Mama best : )

Alex is really a fun kid. He loves things so much and really gets into whatever he is doing. He has a real competitive sense about him, so he really gets motivated by competition. For now, it is completely in check and I love watching him push himself to do well (or at least better than everyone else). He just ran at school for an hour for their fundraiser. He ended up running 4.5 miles in a hour. I don't know how it compared to the other kids, but he was out there having a lot of fun and trying to keep running as much as possible. A lot of the kids were complaining or socializing and walking, but not Alex. He was in it to see how far he could run. I ran about a mile with him when he started to lose his motivation. He's fast (like I said, mini-Dave) and was hard for me to keep up with when he decided to kick it in. It was fun watching him!

Not too old to take a break to pose with Quackers, his school pet.

He had a laser tag birthday party that was right up his alley. He and his friends loved it and none of them wanted to leave. So, it was a huge success!

1 comment:

KG said...

Just wanted to say you are the only person I know (besides grandmas) that did not have an epidural. Wow...that is something!