Thursday, October 16, 2008

Matthew's First Accident

So, Wednesday morning Matthew was helping me make eggs, like most mornings. After I took off the hot pan of eggs, he reached over and smacked the burner with his hand. He immediately started screaming. He cried and cried for the next hour and a half as we sat with his hand under water. I had to go pick up Zack, so I had to lug him with a bucket of water for his hand to school. We kept his hand under the water for a total of 5 hours before the pain seemed to go away. He even fell asleep sitting on my lap with his hand hanging into the sink. He would instinctively put it into the water stream if it slipped out. It was so sad. It was so pruney from the water that I could not appreciate how bad it looked until I decided to take these pictures. Now, we're trying to keep it wrapped - difficult task for a 2-year old - and hope the blisters don't get infected when they pop.


1 comment:

Martina said...

omg!! poor guy! i am so behind on my blog stalking! and phone calling. and correspondence in general. we *have* to get caught up soon!