Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finally....a working bathroom

This project really began 10 years ago when we moved in because there was a water stain on the linoleum.  We were worried about water damage and knew that once we started trying to fix the floor, we would end up wanting to redo everything.  So, it sat and sat on my to-do list until Matthew flushed a toothbrush down our toilet.  That made my mind up - time to tackle the bathroom.  I'm glad we waited because my tastes and our wallets have improved over time, so the bathroom is much better than it would have been, even just a few years ago.  

It has been a difficult project to manage, but we are so glad that we made the choice to just hire out a lot of the work.  The amount of time that we had men here working would have equaled months and months for us.  We made it, and I am extremely happy.  There are a couple small pieces left - the frameless shower door goes in on Monday, the drawer handles will get installed tonight, the access panel for the tub needs to be caulked in place, and I need to touch up the paint.  But, I've been getting bugged for updates, so here you go.

BEFORE:


AFTER:




BEFORE:


AFTER:










BEFORE:



AFTER:












4 comments:

Geraldine Erikson said...

Wow, that is awesome. I am inspired to at least clean mine.

-goofydaddy said...

Very nice! We want to fix up our master bath too, but that'll be a while from now. We're doing our backyard first. (in a couple of months)

Alice said...

Yay!! So happy for you. I think your family should have a party in your bathroom to make it official!! Call or email me for activity and food and beverage ideas.
Love and miss you guys.
Love,
Julie the cruise director and gang

Mary Ann Kreitzer said...

Hey, drinks in the jacuzzi. But is there no door on the shower? Is there a drain in the floor?