Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Zachary!

Today, little Zack turns 12! According to him, that is. He was so pleased with himself for trying to trick his Aunt Alice about being 12 today, not 5. He really is my sweetheart. He loves to be hugged and kissed and is always willing to give them out - sometimes a little too much with his cousins. : ) I just love his smile and the enthusiasm he brings to everything. He has very strong emotions about things. He will get so excited about the smallest thing. Just finding out we're having mac and cheese for dinner sends Zack running around excitedly and have him running toward me with kisses and "thank you"s. But he also gets very upset about the slightest wrong and will let out a horrible squeal if someone just grabs the cup he wanted to drink out of it. Those screams can wear on you, but you can always count on Zack to make you smile!

He has had a full birthday. We went to pick out his cake for his small party at ChuckECheese later this week. Then, we ate Lunchables before heading to Cupcake Heaven to pick out a cupcake. He noticed the ice cream cooler and wanted an ice cream sandwich instead. While I could have gone to 7-11 for that, how could I say no to the birthday boy. Then, we headed to bowling for a marathon bowling afternoon. The kids and I all bowled 3 games each, and then Zack and Alex bowled an extra one together. It was just going so smoothly with all the kids and everyone was having such a good time.


We went to Red Robin for dinner where he was very excited about getting sung to for his birthday. But, when they got there, he got very shy (very Zack) and wouldn't really look at them. It was so cute!
I love birthdays, and I hope we made this one special for my very special little boy!

I have not figured out how this kid gets so dirty. This is shirt #2 for the day.

Aunt Jamie gave him a volcano kit for his birthday. We had a good time putting this together and erupting it.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Enjoy that kiddo while you can. He's five going on twenty one as far as I can see (he and Sophie). We miss you guys. Please pull on his ears for me--twelve times since he insisted he was twelve.

Alice said...

Oh--and I'm waiting to see "bring it" on your header. Why don't you put a picture of Tony or Drea? :)

Mary Ann Kreitzer said...

Kisses and hugs for Zack and we're sorry we didn't call on his birthday. Put it down to utter exhaustion. There's a birthday present for you on the piano, Zack, for next time you visit. We'll extend that 12-year-old party a little bit! And you can help me bake any kind of cookie, cupcake, or cake that you like.

Love,

Gramma

Martina said...

What a sweet boy! Looks like he had a great day. Give him lots of hugs from us. :)