Monday, March 23, 2009

Zack's First Marriage

The other day, Zack says to me (completely out of the blue), "Mommy, I don't want a new family." I told him that that was OK. He was going to be part of my family forever. He told me that he wanted to live with me forever. Now, we can't have that, so I had to nip those thoughts in the bud right now. So, I told him that one day, he might find someone that he loved and get married. Then, he would live with her and have another family. He would then have 2 families.

He just looked at me and said, "Mom, I'm already married." I asked to whom was we married, and he said, "That girl - what's her name? Remember?" Finally, he added, "At Grandma and Paka's" Then, I knew that he was talking about his pretend wedding with Paige over the summer. It cracked me up. I had to explain to him that not only was that a pretend marriage, but he can't marry his cousin. I think he was actually a little sad that he was not actually married, despite the fact that he couldn't remember her name.


Zack is such a sweet little kid. He loves me and being with me so much. He misses me when I go away for a short time or when he has to go to school. One day he told me he didn't want to go to Heaven. When I asked why not, he said because he didn't want to leave me. That led to a long discussion about Heaven and death. But, it was sweet.

1 comment:

Alice said...

This is too cute...I really need to see what we can do about the "y" count. I need a y!!